[Konsole-devel] Code'n Greets (File recognition in konsole)

Rodrigo Fernandes rfernandes at gmx.com
Sat May 19 22:28:48 UTC 2012

Greetings fellow konsole developers.

First a small introduction for those that might not know me:

My name is Rodrigo Fernandes, I've been a open/source / KDE user since early
version 2.

I have extensive academic and professional background in C/C++, and Qt.

While I have multiple ideas I'd like to see take shape in KDE, I decided to
contribute to konsole first, others will follow suit.

I've just dabbled in the first of them; integration of file recognition in
konsole. Using a small 1min hack (see attached diff) I am now able to open files
in the same fashion a email or address is linked.
Due to the simplicity of the code (and given that I'm looking for some sort of
"go-a-head blessing") I thought it'd share it before proceeding. It's limited
to a simplistic regexp, and the usage of $PWD has serious limitations (assumes
linux only), but it demonstrates the point.

To implement a proper version I would have to make some basic changes to the
hotspots.

As such I would very much appreciate your collective feedback. Is this a
feature you would like to have ?

Thank you,
 Rodrigo (cyber_fusion) Fernandes