[Konsole-devel] TERM=xterm-256color and selection in vim

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed May 9 18:55:53 UTC 2012

Here is my environment:
- konsole that came with KDE 4.7.4
- vim 7.X running in konsole
- TERM is set xterm-256color

If in this setup I set either ctermfg or ctermbg for the Normal group to
anything either than NONE, then a mouse selection of any text includes a lot of
space symbols for the empty space beyond ends of lines.  If I leave the Normal
group alone, then the selection doesn't include anything beyond line ends.  It
looks like the "untouched"/empty space in vim is not recognized as such when
Normal properties are modified.  I didn't have this problem when I used
TERM=xterm or xterm-color.

I tested the same environment by in xterm with 256 color support and the problem
was not reproduced there.

--
Andriy Gapon