[Konsole-devel] konsolepart and TerminalInterface

Kurt Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:27:17 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Jekyll Wu <adaptee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Clearly, fixing that broken implementation will introduce another
> breakage for most/all hosting applications. They must modify their
> code to explicitly call startProgram(...) to run a random command, or
> call createSession(...)  to run the command predefined in a particular
> profile. That is the problem I'm concerned.  Which breakage should we
> choose ?

Hi,
The terminalinferface was suppose to be a way to generically ask for a
terminal.  It has been years since I've looked at it.  The V# are due to
binary compatibility issues.  I'm hoping for frameworks/5.0, it gets
changed to use a d-pointer to avoid that.
I would prefer not to have everyone change the code that calls it unless
until 5.0.  You're more than welcomed to try to get konsolepart in better
shape.
  Regards,
     Kurt