[Konsole-devel] Keyboard remapping in the Konsole

Vladimir Landox at yandex.ru
Wed Nov 30 09:47:20 UTC 2011

Good day everyone.
(I apologize for my English, it is not my native language)

Earlier I wrote to Robert Knight about problems with Ukrainian keyboard layout, but it's not a Konsole "bug" (but telnet and ibm866 codepage "bug") and in fact my problem can be solved in another way.

In Konsole I can assign "i" in place of "Scroll lock" for example, but I can't assign anything to the "`" key (I mean tilda "~" key, below "Esc" key).
look, I open Konsole - Settings - Configure profiles - Edit Profile.. - Input - Edit - and try to assign "i" to the "`" key... and it does not work!
I tried to edit keytab file too. Something like
key ` : "i"

It would be nice if the english "i" could be reassigned to the ` key (~ key) in telnet session.
Is it possible to do so?
Thanks.

--
Best regards,