[Konsole-devel] recent konsole regressions?

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:34:43 UTC 2010

> In the sense that it may work for your favorite shell but doesn't for mine (zsh).

I'd love to have this feature working for zsh.  However, according to
the survey I did a few years ago, bash is the shell used by ~90% of
Konsole users (see the summary in
kdebase/apps/konsole/doc/developer/research/konsole-survey-findings),
so I decided it was still worth having this feature even it did not
work completely for everyone.

I agree that it would be preferable to find a generic 'correct' way to
achieve what is needed here (forcing the shell to redraw the prompt),
I'm not aware of a suitable method but you're welcome to investigate.

> I don't like this at all because it is a broken feature (at least currently) but if that is desired, we should revert the change.
> But do we need both actions ('Clear Scrollback' and 'Clear Scrollback and Reset')?

I'm not sure.  People using other shells (except bash) may have a use
for Clear Scrollback and given that the View menu is not
overpopulated I don't think it is too much of a problem to have both.
If there is more pressure to remove infrequently used actions
in future they can be relegated to shortcut-only actions.

Regards,
Robert.