[Konsole-devel] Konsole release 2.4.2 - I had a problem!!!

jac jac_free at ya.com
Fri May 7 11:36:26 UTC 2010

Hello list:

The day 03 May, I send this mail to Robert Knight (konsole maintainer)
and I no had reponse...

Today I send this email to developers list, for what someone read it...

[copy+paste]

Hello Robert:

Sorry, but I speak English very very bad, I´m from España.

I had a problem with the new version of konsole (2.4.2), included in the
new edition of Ubuntu (10.04).

I used konsole join to minicom, with character encoding IBM 850, to
emulate an older VT100 term.

And other version most olders of konsole, have best options... for my.

Example of my problem whit konsole vers. 2.4.2:

$konsole -> Settings -> Configure Shortcuts

Action: Clear & Reset.
Shortcut: Ctrl+C for example.

Action: Clear Scrollback & Reset.
Shortcut: Ctrl+B for example.

When I use this actions, konsole 2.4.2 lost the character encoding
asigned (IBM 850), because reset all configuration.

And the work with the terminal emulation is very unpleasant.

Example of konsole vers. 1.6.6 (include in Debian 5.0) work perfectly:

$konsole -> Settings -> Configure Shortcuts

Action: Clear Terminal.
Shortcut: Ctrl+C for example.

When use this action, konsole 1.6.6 work perfectly because dont reset
the configuration of character encoding asigned.

Well, I think this action (Clear Terminal) must be insert in this
version of konsole (2.4.2) and in all the new updated of konsole,
because is good, and very useful.

Sorry, sorry, sorry again, for my English, I sure that is very bad.

Thankyou for read my email, and thankyou for all people that developent
konsole, and kde, one the best software program in the word...

Have a nice day and... be free... as in freedom!!!

Jose Avendaño.

[/copy+paste]

Sorry again, for my bad English, and thankyou for all.

Jose Avendaño.