[Konsole-devel] tty doesn't receive focus - bug?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 5 21:46:25 UTC 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> My current konsole build seems to have problems with input focus.
> Specifically, when I switch to another window and switch back, I have to
> change tabs before the tty is able to receive input. I don't know when
> this started happening, but I am pretty sure it's a new behavior. (This
> is with a build as of circa Nov. 2.)
>
> Before I file an official bug, is this a known issue?

Hmm... interesting. This is related to a long standing dual-head bug
that causes excess mouse events.

The problem is the tab bar getting focus when it probably shouldn't (and
I don't think used to). To reproduce, start to drag a tab, but drop it
somewhere invalid. The tab bar now has focus. IMO the tty should get
back focus.

(The other problem is that whenever I click on an inactive screen, it
gets a bogus mouse event, which in this case is causing a bogus tab
drag, but that part isn't Konsole's fault.)

--
Matthew
Sorry, fresh out of .sigs. Maybe tomorrow.