[Konsole-devel] Konsole dbus feedSession/sendSession

Pantelis Koukousoulas pktoss at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:49:26 UTC 2009

Hi!

I just saw a discussion in konsole-devel about dbus scripting functionality.

Will it be possible to send keystrokes to a konsole tab via dbus?
(like we could do in old dcop days via feedSession/sendSession).

My use-case is for sending input from an external program to console
vim running inside konsole. This is currently the only way to implement
asynchronous communication of vim with external programs.

(I can use "screen" if the other program is command-line too, like ipython
but this is hopeless if the other program executes outside vim's konsole
window).

Thanks,
Pantelis