[Konsole-devel] Adding custom URL filters

Joe Lawrence jdl1291 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 01:13:26 UTC 2009

I find myself copying and pasting directory paths on the remote session that
I log into during the day.  I like the way Konsole identifies URLs in the
buffer and allows the user to copy their address into the clipboard.  Is
there any current way to configure Konsole to identify a path string and
offer similar clipboard functionality?  (Note, the remote systems that I log
into are not Unix, but rather use a %system#module>dir1>dir2>filename path
nomenclature.  Not to hard to write a regexp for.)

Searching the source code, I see a QRegExp UrlFilter class? at the bottom of
filter.c that seems to describe what's going on under the hood.  Given that
my request might not be popular enough to add as a bug/wish, would this be
the place to start if I wanted to roll a custom built Konsole for this
purpose?

Thanks,

-- Joe