[Konsole-devel] How can I get Ctl-b delivered to BASH?

Bruce Korb bruce.korb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 14:21:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've found that it doesn't work and that if konsole is in
show-a-menu mode and the cursor passes over "bookmarks", then
the screen fills with thousands of copies of my common directory
names.  For more than *TWENTY* *YEARS*, Ctl-B has been used in
ksh and bash emacs mode to mean "non-descructive back one space".
With that much history, it was an extraordinarily bad idea to
rebind it to "save bookmark".  What makes an extraordinarily bad
idea all the worse is that, to the best I can figure out, the
only way to disable this is to meander through various pull down
menus to unbind the key.  For *EACH* instance of konsole.
I cannot recommend strongly enough the importance of human
factors and consistency in human/computer interfaces.  So,
please, please, for God's sake, PLEASE include the 3.5 version
of konsole in the kde4.x distributions.  Thank you.

Regards, Bruce