[Konsole-devel] mapOnOutput option for konsole?

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 08:55:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

Just to clarify, you're asking if there is a way for a minimized
Konsole window to be restored when new output is received
from the terminal?  No, Konsole does not have such a feature.  There
is however support for custom notifications if you turn
on the 'Monitor for Activity' feature - this can play a sound, flash
the taskbar entry or run a user specified command.  The notifications
can be set up via Settings -> Configure Notifications.
Turning on 'Monitor for Activity' is done via the View menu in KDE 4,
I cannot remember which menu it is under in KDE 3, possibly Edit?

Additionally in KDE 4 individual Konsole tabs will be coloured when
new output is received.

Regards,
Robert.