[Konsole-devel] KDE 4.3/dbus patches

Arno Töll lists at toell.net
Fri Apr 10 14:04:57 UTC 2009

Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
> Hi again,  I put the ViewManager portion patch up on reviewboard.kde.org.  In
> the testing I did, activateSession didn't seem to work properly for sessions
> 3+.
> If you have time to test/comment it would be much appreciated.

I tried to reproduce this, but i couldn't. The problem occurs neither on
my (full) patch against konsoke 4.1 nor on SVN HEAD (r951876 + Patch
BR169024a.diff[1]).

What I did:

- open a konsole session with 5 tabs
- run qdbusviewer on tab 1
- called "sessionCount" through qdbusviewer
gives:

Connected to D-Bus.
Received reply from :1.50
  Arguments: "5"

- called "currentSession" through qdbusviewer
gives:

Received reply from :1.50
  Arguments: "1"

- called "activateSession(5)" through qdbusviewer
switches view to tab 5 and gives:

Received reply from :1.50
  (no arguments)

Seems to work here. Indeed it may be a very strange behaviour when the
method works on specific arguments only, since we loop through the full
_sessionMap:

for (i = this->_sessionMap.begin(); i != this->_sessionMap.end(); ++i)
{
	if (i.value()->sessionId() == sessionId)

But probably there should be some error handling, to ensure the given
sessionId does exist anyway.

[1] from http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/548/#review889