[Konsole-devel] remote X -- slow drawing operation only in konsole

lars.doelle at on-line.de lars.doelle at on-line.de
Wed May 28 11:20:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

i'm running X on a thin client.

For some reason, the drawing operation only in the konsole suddenly
became slow, while any other program behaves as if run locally.

This has not been an issue until approximate a year ago, and was
perhaps introduced by an X11 upgrade on Debian (unstable) and
persist since then.

I have narrowed the problem so, that i can say it has something to
do with the QT operations in the text drawing as done in the konsole.
I experience the problem with all fonts in the konsole, but do not have
the same issue with e.g. xterm.

It might be a local configuration problem, but i'm not able to track it
down, mainly because i do not understand newer X11/QT font
handling deeply enough to diagnose it.

Can anyone please help me to isolate the issue further?

Thanks, Lars