[Konsole-devel] Disable BiDi rendering in konsole4

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Fri Mar 14 19:14:45 UTC 2008

Hello all,

One feature which is missing from konsole4 (comparing to konsole3) is the
rendering of BiDi. In konsole3 BiDi was disabled by default and it can be
enabled from the options dialog, or pressing alt+control+b.

In QPainter4, there is no option for this, but it may be hacked using &LRO;
+text (I will open a task in Trolltech and ask for such method in Qt4.5).
Meanwhile, I have a patch here which enables/disables this feature (note that
there was some code left in konsole, some variables already defined which
deal with BiDi).

I still am missing the keyboard shortcut to enable/disable this on the current
view/profile, and I was hopping someone would give me a hint about this.

The patch is attached, and I can commit if no one objects.

- diego