[Konsole-devel] konsole kde4 kpart

Giacomo delleceste at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:19:12 UTC 2008

Hi Robert.
Thank you.

I think it could be useful for instance to have the possibility to access
the QMenu available from the right-click on the Konsole KPart so that
to be able to hide some actions and/or add some custom actions.

About the actions to disable or change, i would need to hide the close tab,
and it would be useful to have the possibility to `search` in the text of the
Konsole.

Mainly,  the possibility to perform a search, like it happens in the menu
Scrollback->Search Output, could be very useful in any Konsole part, in
my opinion.

Thank you very much and have a good day.

giacomo

2008/2/13, Robert Knight <robertknight at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>

>  > Is there a way to modify/disable the actions in the right click menu too??
>

> There isn't a "proper" way of doing it, short of a flakey somewhere.
>  I suggest filing a bug report against Konsole.  Which actions do you
>  wish to disable or change?
>
>  Regards,
>
> Robert.
>

>  On 13/02/2008, Giacomo <delleceste at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Thanks a lot!
>  > Is there a way to modify/disable the actions in the right click menu too??
>  >
>  > Thanks again
>  >
>  > Giacomo
>  >
>  > 2008/2/13, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org>:
>  > > Giacomo wrote:
>  > >
>  > > > The right click context menu is fine, but i would need to know if
>  > > > the `Close Tab' action is triggered, so that i can know that the
>  > > > konsole has been closed and can stop sending input to it.
>  > >
>  > > You can connect to the KPart's destroyed() signal to know
>  > > when it goes down. Have a look at Yakuake's source code
>  > > in trunk/extragear/utils/yakuake if you want to see that
>  > > being done.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > > Giacomo
>  > >
>  > > --
>  > > Regards,
>  > > Eike Hein, hein at kde.org
>  > > konsole-devel mailing list
>  > > konsole-devel at kde.org
>  > >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Giacomo S.
>  > http://www.giacomos.it
>  >
>  > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>  >
>  > IPFIREwall (http://www.giacomos.it/ipfire) viene presentato
>  > all'Universita` degli Studi di Udine, il 28 ottobre, in occasione del
>  > Linux Day 2006:
>  > http://iglu.cc.uniud.it/linuxday
>  >
>  > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>  >
>  >  . ''  `.
>  > :   :'    :
>  >  `.  ` '
>  >     `- Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom
>  >         http://www.debian.org
>  > konsole-devel mailing list
>  > konsole-devel at kde.org
>  >

Giacomo S.
http://www.giacomos.it

IPFIREwall (http://www.giacomos.it/ipfire) viene presentato
all'Universita` degli Studi di Udine, il 28 ottobre, in occasione del
Linux Day 2006:
http://iglu.cc.uniud.it/linuxday

 . ''  `.
 `.  ` '