[Konsole-devel] Fwd: copying tab characters under konsole

Kurt Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 16:17:58 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm at maven.pl>
Date: Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:34 PM
Subject: copying tab characters under konsole
To: kurt.hindenburg at kdemail.net

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which part of kde konsole code needs to be changed
correctly hangle copying of \t characters via mouse.

Right now doing this:

cat x-file-with-tabs-inside
select with mouse
cat - > y
paste with mouse
ctrl+d

makes that tab characters are replaced with spaces instead of keeping tabs
untouched.

I'm interested in fixing this behaviour in 3.5 konsole (there is going to be
3.5.10 as I see on kde-packager mailing list) but I also tested on konsole
from 4.1 and here it also doesn't work properly.

Could you help me with this issue?

Thanks,

ps. gnome-terminal managed to fix this by doing:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query=353610

http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/vte/trunk/src/vteseq.c?r1=1990&r2=1996
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team