[Konsole-devel] Root shell session starts, then vanishes

Kinney Baughman baughmankr at appstate.edu
Tue Jun 26 21:08:16 UTC 2007

I seem to have screwed up Konsole by trying to fix something that wasn't
necessarily broken.

I was mucking around in "configure konsole/sessions" trying to rename
the  "root shell" session.  After deleting " shell" from "root shell" a
couple of times and discovering that wasn't working, I ceased and
desisted and added a few new session names that corresponded to several
of the unix boxes I log onto on a routine basis.

But now when I try to start a new "root shell", I see the yellow
background of the new session start in a tab for a brief fraction of a
second and then it vanishes.  Now I can't start a new root shell from
within Konsole.

I've "apt-get remove konsole" and "aptitude install konsole".  Then
"aptitude remove konsole" multiple times.  I've even removed all
instances of "konsole" from the system -- every directory or file that
had the word "konsole" in it.

All to no avail.

Anyone know how I can get back to ground zero on this?

Thanks.

Kinney