[Konsole-devel] how did it switch to the history-scrolling mode ?

Yakov Lerner iler.ml at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 00:49:07 UTC 2007

On 3/28/07, Robert Knight <robertknight at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you have pressed the "Scroll Lock" key....
> Pressing the Scroll Lock key again will revert back to the normal input mode.

Sometimes I do happen to ScrollLock inadvertently, I am familiar with symptoms.

But this time it is different symptoms, like I descruibed before.
Here it happens again, right now when I am writing this.
Pressing ScrollLock now does not get me out of this mode. Up/down
arrows move the scroll buffer (and the scrollbar).
All other keys are ignored (except tab switching). Ctrl-Q does not unfreeze.
How do I get out of this mode and how did it happen ? I

My fingers were positively far from ScrollLock when it happened.
My fingers were near lower row of the keyboard where I have arrows,
Del, End, Shift.
I positively didn *NOT* press ScrollLock inadvertently this time. My
fingers were 10 cm remote from ScrollLock.
I positively did not press ScrollLock because my fingers were 10cm
apart from ScrollLock from when this happened. I noticed the same also
the previous
time when it happened.

Konsole 1.6.3, KDE 3.5.3.
Thanks