[Konsole-devel] answer to dumb question required

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 17:34:40 UTC 2006

Hello,

One possibility would be to put the commands to setup the session in a
file somewhere, and create a new session type for konsole with the
command:  "bash --init-file path-to-your-init-file"

Then to launch a new Konsole with that session, run "konsole --type
name-of-session-type"

For example, in my case I have a file called setup_kde4_environment
which sets up environment variables for a KDE 4 session.
I have a Konsole session called "KDE 4" with the command "bash
--init-file /home/robert/kde4/setup_kde4_environment"

To launch from the command line I would execute

konsole --type "KDE 4"

I personally think this should be a built-in feature for Konsole though.

Regards,
Robert.