[Konsole-devel] konsole derivatives without source code (was: targeting OpenEmbedded at firmware environment on Motorola A780)

Joe Wells jbw at macs.hw.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 00:29:09 UTC 2006

Joe Wells <jbw at macs.hw.ac.uk> writes:

> Oh, by the way, those who aren't using qonsole are using ekonsole.  I
> haven't looked at that yet, but I can guess what it is derived from.
> Based on what I've seen on motorolafans.com, I'd be shocked if source
> code for the port was available for ekonsole.  :-)

Investigating further, the work on ekonsole (a port of
embeddedkonsole) is documented at this forum topic:

  http://www.motorolafans.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2946

This is a little better than the work on qonsole.  This time, someone
called blackhawk releases a binary-only version 0.1.  Later, he
releases source for version 0.2.  Other people report not being able
to build the source.

--
Joe