[Konsole-devel] Bare bones Konsole

Harshad RJ harshad_rj at airpost.net
Mon Nov 28 15:02:48 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I am the author of Anthias (http://anthias.sf.net). I want to integrate
Konsole into the application using the Konsole-KPart.

I am trying something simple for starters and not able to get it to work.
Probably doing something stupid somewhere; I am a newbie to the KDE API.

I have attached a tiny demo code, which creates a Konsole KPart and tries to
run an application. But the KPart starts running a shell as soon as it is
shown. Is there someway to simply run the specified program, without invoking
the shell?

(Btw, I have dug into the Konsole's code, and my hunch is this is the expected
behaviour of Konsole, but I will wait for the group's comments.)

Note that, in the application that I am planning, the shell is "outside" the
konsole, and requests programs to be run inside the konsole.

I am using QT 4.0 and kde4-svn.

thanks,
--
Harshad