[Konsole-devel] Zeroconf support in Konsole

Frank Aune faune at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Jun 20 09:21:16 UTC 2005

On Monday 20 June 2005 01:24, you wrote:
> On Friday 10 June 2005 09:32 pm, Frank Aune wrote:
> | Hello,
> |
> | Are there any plans for zeroconf support in Konsole? If not, are you
> | interested in adding it? How do you see it integrated into konsole?
>
> I seriously doubt that anything will be done before KDE4.  The general idea
> seems to be to get the port to Qt4/KDE4 before adding any more features.
> You can open a wish if you like with the things you would like to see.
> Regards,
>        Kurt

Actually, the reason I was wondering is because Ive looked into how to add it
myself. But wanted to check ifwork was in progress. Since its not, Im really
interested in how you would like to see it implemented.

If any of you have used iTerm in OSX, the way they do it appeal to me at
least. I feel the bookmark menu in konsole is designed the wrong way. Correct
me if im wrong, but it looks like its a plain ripout off the bookmark menu in
konqueror(?).

Instead, I would like to see some kind of sidebar which can contain both
bookmarks and live zeroconf entries. This brings up another IMO excellent
possibility. The ability to "bookmark" commands. I often store obscure unix
commands I use from time to time in a file somewhere. It would be cool if
konsole had a personal command library/bookmark or something.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Frank Aune