[Konsole-devel] how to beep in konsole?

airplays55 at yahoo.com airplays55 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 00:40:02 UTC 2004

I am seeking a way in perl to sound a beep in a
"konsole" session under linux.

I can run a 1 line perl script containing "printf
\007" which will beep in a fullscreen CONSOLE session,
but it won't beep in a konsole session window under
KDE. Perhaps the escape code is intercepted by the
konsole app?

I know there is a way to make a beep in a konsole
session, because (for example) the "import" command
(screenshot utility) DOES make a beep in a konsole
session.

is there a way to allow konsole to beep?