[Konsole-devel] Konsole macro's

Joel joel2002 at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 30 14:02:24 UTC 2004

Hi there!

I hope this is the right place for idea's! I've searched the web about
konsole & macros but found nothing, so I post my idea here ;).

It would be _very cool_ if I could define macro's (Shellscript's) that can
directly be executed in the current shell. I mean the script is somewhere on
the local system (or in a konsole-macro-file) and if I want to execute it, I
only have to press a specific button or choose it in a list. I often have the
situation, that a remote server has old administation scripts and it really
sucks to always upload them to the server just to keep them up to date (we
have about 300 Servers *smile*).

Is a similiar feature planned in the next release(s)? A record/play function
(so only logging the stdin, not the whole session) would also be nice!

Greetz and I love konsole!
Joel