[Konsole-devel] te->size / sizeHints

Kurt V. Hindenburg khindenburg at cherrynebula.net
Sat Mar 13 18:17:09 UTC 2004

I'm a little confused about what te->size() is.  As I gather it is the
QFrame::size; but the actual numbers don't make any sense to me.

Example: konsole with some print statements
  konsole:   te->width 576; height 343
  konsole:  sizeHint [662x415]
  konsole:  scrollbar width 16

Using kruler, the actual size of the 'entire' konsole window is
662x415.  The size of the term-area is about 640x415.

It seems that sizeHint should be used instead of te->size().  I'm
currently looking at konsole_child.cpp pixmap_menu_activated.

Another odd thing, when you hide the scrollbars, scrollbar->width()
reports 100.
This is under kde cvs as of today.

  Kurt