[Konsole-devel] slow redrawing after having displayed chinese chars?

Adeodato Simó asp16 at alu.ua.es
Thu Feb 26 19:06:39 UTC 2004

[Please CC me on replies. M-F-T is set accordingly.]

Hi,

    I've gone through the BTS and couldn't find a report any similar to
    what I'm going to explain next. However, I've preferred to mail
    konsole-devel first and not to file a bug report directly since
    perhaps what I find buggish is just a known/unavoidable behavior. ;-)

    I've noticed that, after having displayed e.g. some Chinese/Japanese
    or similar chars, konsole start to display text slower. I use the
    construction "after having displayed" because I perfectly understand
    that it's quite normal that drawing Chinese chars may take more
    time, since they are more complex... What annoys me is that once this
    slower redrawing starts, it just never ends, even though no more
    Chinese chars are displayed any more!

    So, is this a known behavior? An unavoidable quirk of the
    double-width chars implementation? Or is it that I'm so geek that I
    configure my konsole to display Chinese chars even though I can't
    speak Chinese, and this is my punishment for being so? ;-)

TIA, any hints will be very much appreciated.

--
Adeodato Simó (a.k.a. thibaut)
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | IM: my_dato [jabber.org] | PK: DA6AE621

In my opinion, the most fruitful and natural play of the mind is in
conversation. I find it sweeter than any other action in life; and if I
were forced to choose, I think I would rather lose my sight than my
hearing and voice.
                -- Michel de Montaigne