[Konsole-devel] tcsh -c "konsole session Exec field"

Javi Dieguez jdieguez at gts.tsc.uvigo.es
Wed Dec 29 17:03:09 UTC 2004

hello, this is my first post, i hope you find it relevant.

i'm creating sessions (.desktop files) via the Konsole Settings menu,
providing the "Name" and the "Exec" fields.

I have noticed that, whatever i put in the Exec field, what is actually
called is

/usr/local/bin/tcsh -c **contents of Exec field**

but i would rather have konsole be using tcsh -fc
for some particular sessions, so as to avoid loading the .cshrc profiles
that i don't always need.

how can i control this behavior?

if i create a "profile", i can change the tcsh command line there:
Args0=/usr/local/bin/tcsh,-fc,***contents of Exec field***

but i have been unable to do this for individual sessions.

in case it helps, tcsh is my default shell (set by ypchsh), and i'm using
konsole 1.3

thanks in anticipation!!
Javi