[Konsole-devel] Bug 90201: copy / paste removes whitespace if it is the last character of wrapping line

Greg Walker slim at toad.net
Thu Dec 16 19:13:33 UTC 2004

hi,
   I figured i shouldn't file a new bug report, since this is the same
bug I'm currently getting, so I'll just give you some additional
information, since the status is listed as "unconfirmed". I'm using
fedora core 3 (kde 3.3.1), and if I us the mouse to "copy" a string from
a konsole window (a string that has wrapped to the next line, but has
trailing spaces at the end of the first line), the resulting "paste"
operation strips out the spaces. This has proven to be a major bug for
me, resulting in improperly named files (files with spaces in the name).

This is a reproducible bug, on three separate machines running fedora
core 3, with KDE 3.3.1. A friend running the latest slackware with KDE
3.3.1 has the same problem. I have rebuilt the "kdebase" package with
your listed patch to "TEScreen.cpp", and this has corrected the problem.
So far, I'm not aware of any other problems from this fix. I looked at
the 3.3.2 source, and this patch has not been applied. I hope this will
be patched in the next release.

I've been a longtime KDE user, but I know that GNOME 2.8.0 on my system
does not have this bug, so I might be forced to switch. Please inform me
of which KDE release will likely have this problem corrected. Thanks.

greg