[Konsole-devel] konsole became much slower

Paul Pogonyshev pogonyshev at gmx.net
Sun Jan 19 22:50:55 UTC 2003

Hi!

I've been using Konsole on KDE 2.2.x (don't remember exactly) and recently
upgraded to KDE 3.0.3-8 with Konsole 1.1.3.

Unfortunately, the newer version of Konsole is much slower than the older
one i used. In particular, it blinks noticeably when i shift-pgup. I've
looked through the change log, but haven't found (noticed) what change
caused this.

There were some minor problems with output in the older version: parts of
some symbols were not cleared when the console was scrolled (either by
more output, or by shift-pgup etc.) I assume that you've added screen
erasing to solve it. In this case, couldn't you please provide an option
to get the old behaviour? I find this blinking screen very hard to look
at.

best regards,
  Paul Pogonyshev