[Konsole-devel] Home/End keys not working

* afe0108 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 08:17:00 UTC 2003

Hello, I can't figure out how to make the Home/End keys work.
Apparently this is a recurrent problem.  I've tried all Keyboards under
the Settings menu.  For "linux console" and "XTerm (XFree 3.x.x)" they
emit ^[[1~ and ^[[4~, otherwise they emit ^[[H and ^[[F.

I've also tried several TERM settings in tcsh.  Although I prefer to
use "ansi" because if I set it to "vt100", then carriage returns aren't
copied during copy and paste.

I'm running KDE 3.1.0 on IRIX 6.5.16f, compiled from source with gcc.
The X server is the standard Xsgi.  The xterm on IRIX is called "xwsh"
and Home/End work fine on that.  Supposedly they emit \x76 and \x6d.

I've tried editing the vt100.keytab (and choosing vt100 in Keyboards)
and telling Home/End to emit \x76 and \x6d.  But as it turns out those
are also the codes for "v" and "m", so then they emit "v" and "m".

Any ideas?  Thanks!