[Konsole-devel] feature request: ability to embed kde apps in konsole window

Micha D. Niskin mniskin at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 18:34:38 UTC 2003

Hello,

First, I would like to thank the konsole developers for an absolutely amazing
app. The ability to put all my terminal sessions in different tabs in the
same window is very useful and saves me a lot of time (cause I don't have to
use the mouse to go back and forth between them).

Switching between sessions in konsole is so convenient that I have been using
terminal apps whenever I can instead of the GUI ones. I even started running
lynx in some of the tabs when I need to refer to html documantation while I
write my code, because it's so convenient to switch back and forth between my
text editor and the documantation with shift-left and shift-right.

I would love to be able to embed konqueror (or even better, embed any old kde
app!) in a konsole tab. It would make it so easy to organize all the
applications I use for each task into its own tab in a single konsole window,
so they'd all be right there at my fingertips without needing to remove my
hand from the keyboard to move the mouse.

Again, thanks for a great product. It's the best thing about KDE by far!
--

Regards,
Micha D. Niskin <mniskin at yahoo.com>