[Konsole-devel] Catching key shortcuts from konsole_part

Anthony Liekens a.m.l.liekens at tue.nl
Mon Oct 14 10:00:07 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to use konsole_part in a small project to embed a konsole in
a kde tool, but the whole idea of using it stands or falls with the
following: is there a way to catch key short cuts before these are sent
to the terminal session itself?

The konsole-part-widget is part of a bigger widget and I want a keyboard
short cut to move the focus away from the konsole widget to another
widget. Whatever I try to implement (accelerators, key events, ...)
seems to be eaten up by the konsole_part and its terminal, leaving my
parent widget without a clue. This problem is similar to how you guys
catch shift-left/right in a multi-terminal konsole, however, I don't
seem to understand how I could do something similar with konsole_part,
if it is even possible.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Anthony,-

--