[Konsole-devel] kde 3 problems

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 23 16:30:41 UTC 2002

After deleting kde 2.2 and koffice 1.1 from Openbsd 3.2
I "cd'd" to the packes directory to install the kde 3.0.3 packages.

I did a 'pkg_add koffice*' which apparently failed
(pkg_info -a did not show koffice)
Then I did 'pkg_add kde*' which apparently succeeded.
Then I retried 'pkg_add koffice*' which worked.
startx then brought up kde 3.
But clicking on the kde shell icon (konsole) results in an immediate crash
of the konsole program with a sig 8.

kspread still crashes (it crashed in kde 2.2 as well)
after selecting 'start with empty document'.

kivio still crashes (it also crashed in kde .2.2) before
getting a window up.

kmail is not present in the kde 3 start menu.
or anywhere else on the system as far as I can tell.

Any idea how to fix these problems?

Thanks,
--
Dave Feustel