[Konsole-devel] Re: Improving Konsole

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Mar 8 06:37:56 UTC 2002

On Monday 04 March 2002 05:53 am, T Kontkanen wrote:
> Hello :-)

Hi :-)

> I have some ideas for Konsole:
>
> 1) Ability to skip whole words in command line by pressing ctrl+left or
> ctrl+right (works almost in every text editor). This would help editing
> long commands.

Those things aren't really handled by konsole but by the shell that runs
inside it. That's typically bash.

> 2) Ability to split the shell view. It would be really cool to have, for
> example, four shell views in one maximized/fullscreen konsole window.

Why would that be better than having 4 seperate konsoles rearranged such that
they take up all screen-space?

> 3) A key binding for fullscreen mode.

Good idea.

> 4) A key binding for New shell button.

In KDE 3.0 we have Ctrl-Alt-N for that. (Might even be in KDE 2.2.2 already,
not sure)

> Is there any chances that these features will be implemented?-)

3&4 yes, 2 perhaps, 1 no. :-)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to it.
 -- Bob Bemer