[Konsole-devel] Re: konsole selections (bug)

Stephan Binner Stephan.Binner at gmx.de
Sun Mar 3 18:37:18 UTC 2002

On Sunday 03 March 2002 14:52, Thomas Zander wrote:

> Since we are close to the release; I'd thought I post here.

konsole-devel would have been a good place too.

> Select a piece of text; then type 'clear'. The selection is deselected.
> Click/drag on the place where the selection _was_ and you get a cursor
> with the '+' sign. In other words; clearing the selection visually with
> a clear screen does not deselect the selection internally. (or something :)

There is no easy fix - the whole "selection disappearing/moving" thing is not
considered. My guess is, the only solution would be to introduce a "selection"
rendition like RE_CURSOR so TEWidget knows to where TEScreen moved selection.

Bye,
   Steve (getting very angry with himself accepting initial DnD patch)