[Konsole-devel] problems with double-quotes

Miguel Angelo Rozsas miguel at rozsas.xx.nom.br
Mon Jun 17 16:51:14 UTC 2002

Hi,

	There is a problem with konsole 3.0.0-10 handling double quotes (¨).

	I setup my keyboard to us-intl, with dead-keys support and everything
works fine in text-console and in any K application, but not with
konsole.

	Others accent characters works as expected. I mean, ' ` ~ and ^ can be
used in any command line.

	The only problem is with double-quote (¨) that can't be typed in any
way.

	I can type a double-quote or any accent symbol on any other k
application like Kate, Kedit and others non-kde applications like gnome,
OpenOffice and StarOffice.

	For those that are unfamiliar with accented characters:

	to get    type
	'         ' twice or ' and space bar
	áéíóú     ' and aeiou
	~         ~ twice or ~and space bar
	and so on

	Double-quotes are very important in command line to prevent shell
expansion, as you must know.

	any hints to fix this quickly ?

	best regards from Brazil and sorry about any mistakes in my text.
English isn't my native language....

PS:My system is RedHat 7.3.

--
Miguel Angelo Rozsas