[Konsole-devel] Fwd: shift vs alt for moving [between] konsole sessions

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Sat Jun 8 16:57:34 UTC 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Am I correct to think that Alt-{Left,Right} is being used by konsole
> applications and therefor cannot be used by konsole itself?

Alt-{Left,Right} sends Esc-{Left,Right} which e.g. is interpreted by bash
as "move wordwise {left,right}".

> attached is a trivial patch that fixes this inconsistency by making konsole use ALT
> instead of SHIFT.

The patch only changes the defaults, it's freely configurable for the user in KDE CVS.
I don't know if it's more a win (consistency) or loss (user has to change the default
as it otherwise prevents it to use certain features of programs) if we change this.

With greetings from LinuxTag,
                            Steve