[Konsole-devel] Ctrl+arrow keys

Eric Christopherson rakko at charter.net
Wed Jul 24 02:32:38 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 09:58:29PM -0400, Steve wrote:
> Wow.
>
> I have been banging my head trying to get gnu emacs 21.1 in console mode
> to deal with Ctrl arrow, shift arrows, and shift enter combos.
>
> I know very little about nix internals.
>
> Could someone translate the stuff going on below?
>
> Steve

Hi Steve!

I noticed your message and was about to respond, but somehow I didn't get
around to it. Anyway, konsole uses files ending in .keytab to define
keyboard layouts. They typically reside in $(KDE_DIR)/share/apps/konsole,
where $(KDEDIR) can be either the global KDE dir or your personal one. There
are several to start with in the system-wide dir; you can copy one of those
to your personal konsole dir and hack at them.

This stuff:

Was my attempt to map ctrl+left/right to bash's codes for forward-word and
backward-word, but I accidentally switched the values around. Forward-word
is ESC-f, while backward-word is ESC-b.

Now, according to Binner, this remapping works in the latest versions of
konsole, but like I said, I switched them by mistake. I don't know what
actual character codes Emacs matches with ctrl-left/right, but you should be
able to figure that out and map them in your keymap file.

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^