[Konsole-devel] Colors, Gnu Emacs, & Console

Steve beforew at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 22 17:05:43 UTC 2002

Hi;

I'm using Suse 7.2 with the KDE 2.12 and gnu emacs 21.1.
( I also have this issue with Red Hat 7.3 and KDE 3.0 )

I like to use emacs in konsole.

I like using konsole with a black background, but I like using emacs (
in konsole) with a white background.

Emacs has command line options and extension code to set its background
colors when it is used in a terminal.

I've tried using all of the variations to set the background to white,
but in konsole it comes out as gray.  I even used rgb values with these
commands.

The folks in comp.emacs claim it is a terminial issue.

*If* that is true is there anything I can change so "white" is "white"
instead of gray?

Steve