[Konsole-devel] closing konsole sessions (was Re: A patch, a patch.. here is a patch.)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at sh.cvut.cz
Sat Jul 6 19:55:51 UTC 2002

On Saturday 29 June 2002 02:34, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> This should solve many of the problems with konsole not properly exiting.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

 I've found a problem with the patch now. Killing the (konsole) sessions in
queryClose() makes Konsole quit, and it shouldn't do so (saving data during
(KDE) session shutdown shouldn't do anything like that). It mainly showed
when during KDE startup Konsole windows weren't placed correctly (because it
quit before KWin saved the state).

 I first thought it was just someone's stupid idea to put the code there
instead of Konsole::~Konsole(), but now I see why it was there - it obviously
cannot be tested if all the (konsole) sessions could be closed without
actually closing them. But doing any kind of cleanup in queryClose() is
wrong, and user interactiong during exiting on the other hand doesn't work.

 I've modified Konsole a bit (see the attached patch), so that queryClose()
during (KDE) session shutdown returns immediately, and added (konsole)
sessions cleanup in Konsole::~Konsole(). Shouldn't make any real difference.

 There's still one problem - QMainWindow instances aren't deleted if the
window is not closed (WDestructive close doesn't do anything if just
kapp->quit() is called). So for now with this patch Konsole should behave
just like a week ago. See kde-core-devel@ for details on the main window
problem.

--
 Lubos Lunak