[Konsole-devel] Re: kdebase/konsole/konsole

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu Feb 28 20:31:09 UTC 2002

On Thursday 28 February 2002 12:10 am, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Thursday 28 February 2002 01:44, Adrian Schroeter wrote:
> > start Drag event only, if the <Control> key is hold. I got an okay for
> > this from Waldo. AI: create a configure dialog to configure a
> > different/no key to Drag for KDE 3.1
>
> Bad idea, why not create a new config option (one i18n change)? Now we have
> have to change "tips" and handbook (two i18n changes) to tell people how to
> make it work and will still get bug reports from those who don`t read it.
> :(

I consider this solution superior to a on/off config option because such an
option would not solve the basic problem: it is to easy to accidentily start
a drag.

With this you have the best of both worlds. You can drag _and_ you have no
risk of accidentily dragging something.

A tip can be added for 3.1. It's a new feature anyway so it's not that the
behaviour has changed.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to it.
 -- Bob Bemer