[Konsole-devel] Re: Bright in kconsole "green on black"

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Feb 27 01:03:14 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 06:05 am, Hans Poo wrote:
> Hi
>
> Firrst of all let me say thank's for this very good application.

Thanks :-)

> I don't know it this may sound relevante, (i know may be it is not relevant
> for you), but i have the next problem:
>
> I like very much kconsole because it le me manage multiple windows
> The problem is: green in black combination look very low bright. In gnome
> terminals this combination looks very good.

In KDE 3 you will be able to adjust the color schemes to your liking in the
configuration dialog that has been added.

In KDE 2 you can adjust the colors of the color scheme by editing the file
$KDEDIR/share/apps/konsole/GreenOnBlack.schema If you do not have write
permission to that directory you can copy it to
$HOME/.kde/share/apps/konsole/ first.

If you can give me a specific color of green  that looks better I will
consider changing the scheme for KDE 3.0.
It's currently #18B218 (or 24, 178, 24) would #1EE21E work for you? (30, 226,
30)

> If i increase the general bright in my monitor the other applications
> are so btight that kde don't let you work.
>
> Do you know some mailing list or something ?

you can subscribe by sending mail with "subscribe" in the subject to
konsole-devel-request at kde.org

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to it.
 -- Bob Bemer