[Konsole-devel] Getting Konsole-output

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Mon Apr 29 19:06:16 UTC 2002

On Sunday 28 April 2002 01:36 pm, thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just learned, how to send commands/input to a Konsole-Part via DCOP.
> Now I'm wondering, whether and how I will be able to get any output that
> this command causes. Could somebody please point me in the right direction?

I don't think there is any provision for that since the standard KPart
interface does not provide such functionality.

> Also, is there a way to determine, whether the user is half-way in entering
> a command manually, when I'm calling sendSession?

No. These things are handled by the shell and the shell does not export its
state to the terminal. It might be possible to guess whether the user is
entering a command based on heuristics but it would never be fool-proof.

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com