EWB for powerpc linux(debian)

devan sai dvnsai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 19:24:57 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have been searching here and there for a feasible option of an embedded
web browser which can be integrated with my embedded printer device.

At last I have switched to Konqueror Embedded, I need to do the following
for my product.

1)Get the source and build it for powerpc linux with frame buffer
support(not X). My product doesnt have any X Server running in it. Its frame
buffer based. So I need to compile the product for framebuffer support
instead of QT and stuff like that.

2)Tweak the source to point the browser output bytes to my device frame
buffer

3)Tweak the source to capture the touch panel/touch key events and call the
appropriate system methods.

Any input/similar experiment documents on the above said points are most
welcome.

Where can I start with? I have tried n number of other stuff and because of
the rigidity in configuring them, I gave up. Hope Konqueror E is fortunate
enough to be included in my product :-D

Thanks in advance
DSS