keyboard for konqE

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 16:06:59 CEST 2007

Thanks Akshay, however my embedded linux kernel does not support 'od'.  It does however support mknod, but I am uncertain how to determine my major/minor as stated in the man page.  This command is new to me, how do I figure out the right arguments?

Bill

Akshay Mishra <akshaymishra at gmail.com> wrote: On 9/13/07, Bill Fassler  wrote:
> Dr Stefan Eilers or anybody:
>
> I have an embedded uClinux running a console on a SHARP TFT LCD, it has USB
> keyboard support which was obtained by the environment variable setting of:
> CONSOLE=/dev/tty2
> I also have a microwindows (nano-X) running and can switch back and forth
> using a virtual terminal switch and I have USB mouse and keyboard support in
> microwindows.
> I was able to get USB mouse support with my KonqE browser using
> QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=Auto:/dev/input/event0
> but I can not get USB keyboard support on the browser no matter how hard I
> try:
>
> I have tried:
> QWS_KEYBOARD=/dev/tty
> QWS_KEYBOARD=/dev/tty0
>  QWS_KEYBOARD=/dev/tty1
> QWS_KEYBOARD=/dev/tty2
> QWS_KEYBOARD=Auto:/dev/tty
>  QWS_KEYBOARD=Auto:/dev/tty0
>  QWS_KEYBOARD=Auto:/dev/tty1
>  QWS_KEYBOARD=Auto:/dev/tty2
>
>  Do you have any ideas, suggestions or advice as to why I can't seem to get
> keyboard support to work on the browser?

QWS_KEYBOARD=USB:/dev/input/event1
If event1 does not exist mknod it

od /dev/input/event1 should dump junk on terminal,

hth,
Akshay