Dont use --enable-static and --disable-shared at the same time?? (WHY?)

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 15:31:00 CEST 2007

Dr Eilers,

I was unaware of such a conflict. I assume the problem exists both ways? I.E. --enable-static --disable-shared as well as --enable-shared --disable-static ??

If this is the case can you point me to the historical references or documentation or whatever there is.  I ask because I am building towards an embedded project using the blackfin DSP.  I actually built a konqE browser using their instructions but it is not overly stable and I would like to build a better one if possible.

Here is the ADI uClinux on blackfin site and instructions for building konqE.  Any input or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.  The konqueror browser I am using now does not handle javascript very well and will crash on some sites like www.cnn.com because of it.  It also acts funny with cookie management.  For instance if I set reject all cookies all the time in the preferences it will ask me about cookies anyway.  Also saving my network preferences causes the browser to freeze up or crash.

Blackfin DSP processors and their compiler toolchain is a little different and trickier than most because the ABI prepends underscores to their symbols.

Could you please take a look at these directions:

http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=:browsers

Any feedback that you could provide directly to the ADI team or to me who will relay it to them would be very helpful.

Regards,
Bill

Stefan Eilers <stefan.eilers at basyskom.de> wrote:  Hi !