kdenox does not display static page on arm linux

rahul.bhivare rahul.bhivare at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:03:51 CEST 2007

Hello Sir  ,
We are trying to port kdenox on arm-linux platform.
As kdenox supports multithreaded environment, hence we have added patch
konqe_new_opie.patch to compile it for single threaded environment.
    The compilation options we used are :-
    ./configure --prefix=/$HOMEDIR/kajax_7june \
    --with-ipv6-lookup=no  --with-gui=qpe \
    --without-xinerama  --without-arts \
    --disable-selection --disable-printing \
    --enable-bookmarks --enable-scrollbars --enable-ftp --enable-pcre \
    --enable-final  --enable-rtti-embedded \
    --enable-fullscreenmenu --enable-add-ons=kflashpart --enable-readwrite \
    --enable-static --enable-embedded --enable-qpe --enable-qt-embedded \
    --host=arm-linux --with-javascript=static --enable-jshostext \
    --with-qt-dir=/$HOMEDIR/Qtopia/qt2/
--with-qtopia-dir=/$HOMEDIR/Qtopia/qtopia
--with-qtopia-includes=/$HOMEDIR/Qtopia/qtopia/include
--with-qt-includes=/$HOMEDIR/Qtopia/qt2/include
--with-qt-libraries=/$HOMEDIR/Qtopia/qtopia/lib --with-extra-libs=/arm/lib
--with-extra-includes=/arm/include:/$HOMEDIR/Qtopia/qtopia/include/qtopia
--with-ssl-dir=/$HOMEDIR/Download/ltib-imx21ads-20061211/rpm/BUILD/openssl-0.9.7m

We are able to compile the kdenox. But, when we run konqueror, we observed
that konqueror displays blank page. We tried to open simple site like
www.google.com. But konqueror failed to display anything.Even we tried to
display an 'index.html' file, which is present in same directory, but
konqueror failed to display.
Do we made any mistake while compiling the program?Are their any additional;
dependancies need to take care ?
Observation we made while debugging the problem:-
1. when we run command
#ldd konqueror
then it shows that all depedancies are satisfied.
2. But when we run command
#./konmqueror
warning: QDir::readDirEntries: Cannot read the directory:
/opt/Qtopia/plugins/konqplugins
Warning: I couldn't enable daemon mode at the dcopserver!
Warning: QGList::locate: Index -1 out of range
Warning: QGList::locate: Index -1 out of range
Warning: QComboBox::removeItem: (locationcombo) Index 0 out of range
  it throws above error message and then opens the browser.

3. We build with --enable-debug=full,but then also we are not getting any
debug messages.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul