Minimum Konqueror-E possible?

Stefan Eilers stefan.eilers at basyskom.de
Fri Aug 10 10:11:19 CEST 2007

Hi!
Am 09.08.2007 um 16:08 schrieb Eva Brucherseifer:

> I think KonqE can be stripped, but I am not sure how much. Also I
> am not sure
> a completely statically linked version is possible. We would need
> to look
> into that.
> Stefan: do you have some insight on that? Do you have some numbers on
> footprint memory/disk at hand?

The compiled release of the current Konqueror-Embedded (for x86)
takes (without Debug information and without Qt-libs) about 6 MByte
disk space.
It would be a very challenging task to strip it down to 2 MByte. I
don't know how much we could strip without deeper examination.  Maybe
to 3-4 MByte?
The memory footprint (VSZ/Vsize) is about 50 MByte.

Mfg., Dr. Stefan Eilers
--
Dr.-Ing. Stefan Eilers
Projekt Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3968753 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 4213459
stefan.eilers at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer