Konqueror Embedded: Fixed the invisible download progress dialog

Stefan Eilers stefan.eilers at basyskom.de
Mon Nov 13 14:48:00 CET 2006

Hi !

The Konqueror-Embedded had a very ugly problem: The download progress
dialog was not visible if the fullscreen mode is used.
I have fixed this issue:

Reason for the problem:
QApplication::mainWidget() returned NULL, this resulted in a
miscalculation of the z level (the altitude) for the progress dialog.
The QTopia documentation says that "showMainDocumentWidget()" is
setting the "mainWidget()"
(see http://doc.trolltech.com/qtopia1.6/html/
qpeapplication.html#showMainDocumentWidget).
Once this was right. But, while implementing FastLoading, the call
"setMainWidget()" was removed. Therefore, the mainwidget was not set.

Solution:
Readd the "setMainWidget()" call right before the "showMainDocument
()" call (see main.cc Rev. 604616).

I hope this fix will not have any unexpected side effects. One
possible future issue is known:
The call "setMainWidget()" was removed because it has side effects
with the FastLoading mechanism (it forces lastWindowClose() to
close the app).

As this app isn't fast loaded, we don't have to care about this right
now.

I would appreciate if all of you may keep an eye on the new release.
Please report any issues which may be caused by this modification.

Thanks! :)

Mfg., Dr. Stefan Eilers
--

Dr.-Ing. Stefan Eilers
Projekt Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-962 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 4213459 |
Jabber: eilers at jabber.org
stefan.eilers at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de