Unicode fonts

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Mar 10 00:47:21 CET 2006

Has anyone gotten unifont.bdf to work with konq/e?

I tried the unifont.bdf fontset that ships with Qt/E, and konqueror
slowed down to the point of being unusable....

I need to support full i18n, but not all at once...

Is there a way to break down the fonts in unicode.bdf to provide only
those fonts for the area that we will be shipping to?

Basically I need worldwide support; chinese, latin, slavic, arabic, you
name it, we need to support it, but only 2 languages at a time: the
local one and English.  Our machines are fixed, so that once a system
ships the locale will not change at all.

--Yan